HERE ARE SOME USEFUL TIPS TO HELP YOU SHIFT THOSE FINAL STUBBORN POUNDS.
- Do NOT starve yourself – make sure your meals and snacks have a good balance of Macronutrients, keep to good nutrient-dense foods like greens, lean protein and complex carbs.
- Balance – Don’t go crazy in your first week of losing weight by smashing the gym every day. Listen to your body and make sure you give it time to rest and recover. That’s not to say you have to completely stop moving if your legs are tired. Try an upper body workout, try a yoga session rather than a HIIT session. Remember that variety is key.
- Stick to what works for you – Remember food should provide nourishment and enjoyment. Treat yourself, don’t be afraid to eat a chocolate bar or a cheeky doughnut from time to time, you have to enjoy the little things in moderation and don’t be too strict on yourself.
- Review your exercise routine – There are so many ways to incorporate movement into your day, such as Lifting weights, HIIT sessions, Bike rides, Paddleboarding and much more.
- Get a good night’s sleep – This can be just as important as eating healthy and exercising.
- Track your macronutrients by using many online services that offer this to help ensure you are within your daily targets each day. This will help tremendously with weight loss as well as improve your diet quality.
- Carbs are NOT the enemy – They are your body’s main source of fuel If your body has no Carbs to burn it eats away into your muscle which causes your body to burn less fat.
Here are a few good ideas to help you swap out Carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice for carbs that won’t give you more calories than you need.
- Cauliflower rice
- Courgetti instead of spaghetti
- Lettuce Wraps
- Butternut Squash Wedges